INTRODUCTION TO GENERAL PRIVACY PROVISIONS
- This PP describes how and when FRONTPAGEIT collects, uses and shares your information when you use our services.
- Thus, we advise you to read it.
- By FRONTPAGEIT we mean the features and services made available through our website at www.frontpageit.com and any other FRONTPAGEIT branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions).
- “Interests” should be undrestood as all the topics and areas you may choose to receive content from a Curator.
- “Curator” should be understood as an individual on FRONTPAGEIT, who shares information on a topic that interests them.
- “Information” should be understood as facts and other information about you,including actions you take.
- “Content” should be understood as anything you post on FRONTPAGEIT that would not be included in the definition of information.
- “Data” should be understood as content and information that third parties can retrieve from FRONTPAGEIT or provide to FRONTPAGEIT.
- “Active registered user” is a user who has logged into at least once in the previous 90 days.
B. CONSENT TO DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
that we have.
- By using accepting our Terms & Conditions
https://frontpageit.com/terms.html (hereafter TC), you acknowledge and
consent to having your personal data to be collected and processed by
GistCom Limited, (the OWNER).
C. FUTURE POLICY CHANGES
- We may change this PP pursuant to the procedures outlined in the TC and to
answer to any legislation change that might occur in the future.
- You will notify of any future changes to this PP by publication on
D. DATA PROTECTION GOVERNING LAW
The OWNER complies with the Irish and EU Laws regarding the collection, use, process and retention of data as expressed in Ireland’s Freedom of Information Act 2014 and EU Directives 95/46/CE, 2002/58/CE and 2006/24/CE.
E. PP QUESTIONS AND DATA ACCESS
Any questions, concerns, and complaints you might have regarding our PP or data access need, contact us: email@example.com
F. UNDER AGE 14
- According to the TC, Section 5/f, if you are under age 14, please do not attempt to register for FRONTPAGEIT or provide any personal information about yourself to us.
- If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 14, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
- If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 14, contact us.
G. YOURSELF INFORMATION
- When you sign up for FRONTPAGEIT you provide us with your name, email,gender, and birth date.
- You will also be able to add a picture of yourself.
- Once you register you can provide other information about yourself.
- Please read the PP Section P on your name and profile picture privacy settings.
If you do not want us to store any sort of metadata associated with content (as in the Section 8 of the TC) you share on FRONTPAGEIT, you should remove the metadata before uploading the content.
I. CONTACTS INFORMATION
- We offer contact importer tools to help you upload your contacts addresses so that you can easily find them on FRONTPAGEIT and/or invite your contacts who do not have FRONTPAGEit accounts to join it.
- We will not store your password after you have uploaded your contacts information.
J. ACTIVITY INFORMATION
- We keep track of some of the actions you take on FRONTPAGEIT, such as selecting an Interest or following a Curator, indicating you “like” a post, or comment, attending an event, or connecting with an application.
- In some cases you are also taking an action when you provide information or content to us.
K. ACCESS DEVICE AND BROWSER INFORMATION
When you access FRONTPAGEIT we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
- When you use FRONTPAGEIT we use small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your device known as "cookies", to make FRONTPAGEIT easier for use, and thus improving the quality of our service, but also to protect both you and FRONTPAGEIT.
- For example, we use them to store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login.
- You are able to remove/block cookies using the settings in your browser.
M. INFORMATION FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- We may institute partnerships in which they share information with us.
- This data sharing is commonly known as “conversion tracking,” and help us improve FRONTPAGEIT.
- If in any of these cases we receive data that we do not already have, we will stop associating the information with any particular user within 180 days.
N. INFORMATION FROM OTHER USERS
We may collect information about you from other FRONTPAGEIT users.
O. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- The term General Information includes your name, profile pictures, gender, user IDs, connections, and any content.
- If any application or website wants to access any other data, it will have to ask for your permission.
P. NAME AND PROFILE PICTURE
- Your name and profile picture do not have privacy settings.
- You should delete it or not add one profile picture if you are uncomfortable with sharing it.
- This information is set to everyone and thus, you acknowledge it is publicly available information.
- Such information might be accessed by everyone on the Internet, be indexed by third party search engines, and be imported, exported, distributed, and redistributed by us and others without privacy limitations.
- Such information may also be associated with you, including your name and profile picture, even outside of FRONTPAGEIT, such as on public search engines and when you visit other sites on the internet through links on FRONTPAGEIT.
Q. CONTACT INFORMATION AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
- With exception for your email address other contact and personal information is not required.
- You do not have to share your email address with anyone.
R. INFORMATION YOU SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES
- We do not own or operate the applications or websites that might use FRONTPAGEIT. That means that when you use those applications and websites you are making your information available to someone other than us.
S. THIRD PARTIES POLICIES
- You should always review the policies of third party applications and websites to make sure you are comfortable with how they use information you share with them.
- We do not guarantee that they will follow our rules.
- You should report any application or website violation of our rules so we can take the necessary actions.
T. EXTERNAL LINKS
- This PP applies to FRONTPAGEIT services only.
- We do not exercise control over third parties sites.
- When you click on links on FRONTPAGEIT you may leave our site.
- We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, and we encourage you to read their privacy statements.
U. EXPORTING INFORMATION
You may use tools like RSS feeds, mobile phone address book applications, or copy and paste functions, to capture, export and in some cases, import.
V. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We use the information we collect to try to provide a safe, efficient, and customized experience.
- We use the information we collect to provide our FRONTPAGEIT services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features, and to provide you with customer support.
- We use the information to prevent potentially illegal and abusive activities, and to enforce our TC, which may on occasion result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users.
- We may contact you with service-related announcements from time to time.
- We may use your information, including the addresses you import through our contact importers, to make suggestions to you and other users.
- We allow other users to use contact information they have about you, such as your email address, to help them find you.
W. SHARE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- When you invite a contact to join.
- To help your contacts find you.
- To give search engines access to publicly available information.
- To help improve or promote our service.
- To provide you with services.
- To advertise our services.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm.
X. FRONTPAGEIT SALE OR CHANGE OF CONTROL
Y. CHANGE OR REMOVE INFORMATION
- You can change or remove information by:
i. Editing your profile.
ii. Delete uploaded contacts.
iii. Deactivating or deleting your account.
- Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant or it was copied or stored by other users. However, your name will no longer be associated with that information.
- We may retain certain information to prevent identity theft and other misconduct even if deletion has been requested.
- If you have given third party applications or websites access to your information, they may retain your information to the extent permitted under their terms of service or privacy policies.
- Removed and deleted information may persist in backup copies for up to 90 days, but will not be available to others.
Z. MESURES TAKEN TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION PROTECTED AND SECURE
- We take measures to keep your information protected and secure as expressed in Ireland’s Freedom of Information Act 2014 and EU Directives 95/46/CE, 2002/58/CE and 2006/24/CE.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- We keep your account information on a secured server behind a firewall and also include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices.
- We take measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
- When you enter sensitive information we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- We also use automated and social measures to enhance security.
- We restrict access to personal information to Gistcom Limited employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf.
- These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations.
- If they fail to meet these obligations, they may be subject to disciplinary action and criminal prosecution.